1. Transportation to: medical appointments Mon/Tue/Thurs; to religious services Prot, Catholic, Jewish eevery weekend;grocery shopping every Monday to two local stores; all recreational trips, Macy’s/Mall, Walmart, CVS, Dollar Store, etc. at least once a month. Full service Beauty Salon on premises, Footcare, Beltone Hearing Services once a month, Shopping cart with Sundries every Friday, run by the Garden Belles Women’s Club; Large library in house; Dakin computer games; Brunch twice a week.
1. Rosary every Wed a.m.
2. Mass, Prot. service, Ecumenical Service 1x/mo.
3. Compline Service on 1/30, resident and staff run to honor and remember deceased loved ones.
1.Chair Fitness 1x/wk. with LE Director Reenie Harwell
2. Chair Stretching 1x/wk with coach Karen Pellerin
3. Weight room: Open 24/7.
4.Weight Training 1x/wk with YMCA Instructor 1x/wk
5. YMCA trip with access to warm water pool and lap pool, once a week.
1. Roger Hart slide show “From the Bottom up” a nature show, 1/7, 3:30pm.
2. Every Tuesday & Sat. a musical entertainment, varied performers.
1. Free Facials, 1/13 2:30pm
2. Jazz/Blues Music Class for MLK appreciation 1/20 2:30pm.
3. Fashion Tips with Reenie, accessorizing, 1/27
4. Teaching Creatures, nature presentation of small tropical animals, discussion of habitat, etc., 1/15 2pm.
5. Beer Tasting at Grayson House 1/15 2:30pm
6. Trip to Channel 40 for weather show, 1/22 11:15pm.
7. Murder Mystery Dinner, “The Death of Countess Garbanza Bean”, resident cast, 1/29.
8. “Winter Wonderland”, women’s club winter party, 1/17, 2pm, decorating snowman cookies, refreshments, decorations,etc.
9. Springfield Kennel Club brings several different dogs for obedience show, 1/28, 2:30pm.
10. Martin Luther King Day and Soul Food Dinner, 1/20
1. Garden Belles Women’s Club, the Men’s Club of Keystone Woods, the Food Committee, The Resident Council.
1. Sudoku, Scrabble, board games, History Class, MLK Day, 1/20, Current Events, 2x/mo, Book Club weekly which is studying women authors, Trivia, Word Challenges & Spelling.
2. Poetry Class 1x/mo, with guest poet Laurie Chagnon. Ms. Chagnon is having her first book published this spring, and we will have a “book signing” event for her here.
1. The Publik House colonial restaurant, 1/8, Read Aloud at Mary Lynch Elementary School, 1/15, Barnes & Noble, Mohegan Sun casion, J.C. Penny’s and Holyoke Mall, captain Jimmy’s Lunch out, Fridays in the month of Jan.
1. Happy Hours, Wine & Cheese, refreshments served on weekends; CupCake Wars, 1/18.
2. Movies, videos played regularly, big screen t.V. always available.
3. Massage with Ginnie Levine, certified therapist, once a month.
4. Manicures 2x/mo with LE Director Reenie Harwell; hand masssage 1x/mo
5. Music Appreciation 3x/mo with LE Dir. Reenie Harwell; exploring sounds, styles, origins and performers.
6. “The Way We Were”, reminiscence 1x week; stories, props, sharing.
7. Bingo, 3x/wk, run by residents.
8. Cards, games nightly.
9. Garden Belles recently gave $1200. to local charities, representing many hours of work to fun-raise for the greater community.
10. The Men’s Club meets weekly and is planning a fund-raiser and an outing for the month.